Tuesday 9 June 2009

Music

Battle For the Sun by Placebo
This is the first time I've consciously set out to buy the new Placebo album by pre-ordering it. Normally I wouldn't, but I'd bought their last two (respectively, a re-release of Sleeping With Ghosts bundled with a second disc of Covers in a sale, and a good deal on a +DVD version of Meds) and enjoyed them both much more than I'd actually expected to.
Sadly my faith was slightly misplaced as, on a first listen, Battle For the Sun is tracks that sound like Placebo-by-numbers and so didn't really grab me. There's nothing really wrong with them, but not a huge amount right either. For What It's Worth, The Never-Ending Why and Julien are worthwhile listens, as is the title track, but I'm not sure any will remain as memorable as The Bitter End, Every You Every Me, or even Meds.

No comments: