Friday 14 November 2008

Poem of the Day: The Pencil Case

by coolositymax

I never said all the stuff posted in this strand had to be 'professional' or 'published' or anything (I have no rules, remember) -- I may even post stuff by me at some point -- so here's a favourite of mine from the World Wide Web. I've always liked its simplicity and humour -- making it an especially good choice for a Friday, I think -- which works because of the rhyme and rhythm. Poetry doesn't have to be Deep, Complex and Meaningful to be good.

Pen, Pencil, Ruler,
Scissors, Paper, Glue.
Crayons, Staples, Eraser,
Pencil Shavings Too.

This poem is available online at deviantART. If you're a member, please comment (and fav, if you wish) there.

Unlike the rest of the blog, Poem of the Day will be taking breaks at weekends, so see you on Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd favourite it; the writer is clearly a genius.