Thursday 5 March 2009

Technology

Spent most of today battling to fix my iMac (late 2006 model, according to Apple's help pages).

It seems to be well & truly screwed though -- something wrong with the hard disk, basically amounting to the computer not being able to find it. Could mean it's just come unplugged (lord knows how), could be thoroughly done for.

Hopefully, at the very least, some or all of the data can be retrieved from it though, because there's so much stuff on there -- including all my notes for future 100 Films reviews and, more importantly, a heck of a lot of work-related things.

Nothing more I can do, it seems. A trip to the local Genius Bar will be required -- I'm just thankfully that, firstly, so many Apple Stores have popped up across the UK now, and secondly, that I live in Exeter, where we have one! Not sure when I'll go though, as I'm not sacrificing Watchmen time tomorrow and I hate town on Saturdays.

Sunday then...

No comments: