Saturday 9 May 2009

Magazines

Total Film #155
A special 3D issue, which comes with a pair of red-and-green specs and a whole section (including most of the adverts) in 3D. Neat idea...
... but either I'm one of the 30% of people it doesn't work very well for (read the 3D article here for that stat), or RealD must be a lot better than old-fashioned red-and-green to get so many people excited, because a lot of the 3D demonstrated in this issue just doesn't work for me. It's fine on a small scale -- separating someone from the wall a foot behind them, for example -- but when you get objects very far apart the red and green parts of the picture don't work; I just see them twice.
Really speaking, the best way to consume 3D would be with glasses like these -- absolutely no crossover between eyes then, so it would work flawlessly. I find those sorts of specs quite appealing anyway, but put 3D on them and I'd really want them.

No comments: