Thursday 4 March 2010

Technology

new iMac

As followers of my twitter may be aware, I recently won a shiny new iMac from raffle.it. It arrived this morning and it is, as is common for Apple products, a thing of beauty.

And a much-need one too, because my 3½-year-old iMac was beginning to show serious signs of wear. Not to mention the always-welcome benefits of an upgrade in screen size (to 21.5") and resolution (Full HD!), boosted power (up to 2.4x better than the previous generation, and mine's older), and all the other nifty things new Macs have (Magic Mouse! Freakishly small keyboard! And everything's so light (as in not-heavy, not, like, glowing...))

(After all those links, I feel like I need a disclaimer saying I'm not paid to endorse any of the companies involved! But it is great.)

Currently, however, I'm using Migration Assistant to transfer the files from my old iMac. Apparently it's going to be another 19 hours, and I can't use either machine while they're at it. Damn.

Guess I'm just stuck with my MacBook Air for now then. Woe is me, eh.

No comments: