Monday 13 December 2010

Articles

Author Slams eBook Piracy, Son Outs Her As a Music Pirate by enigmax
(from TorrentFreak)
Headline says it all, really.

Roger Ebert: ‘There Are Only Two Meaningful Ratings: R and Not-R’ by Germain Lussier
(from /Film)
Insightful. Plus, the US film ratings system is often amusing.
Ebert's original piece, to be read before or after /Film's commentary on it, is here.

Toby Ord: Why I'm giving £1m to charity
(from BBC News Magazine)
This is just quite interesting. For instance: "When I was earning £14,000 as a student, I found I was in the richest 4% in the world, even adjusting for how much further money goes in developing countries. Giving away 10% of that, I found that I would still be in the top 5%." See?

The X Factor takes on the world by Sinead Garvan
(from BBC News)
Perhaps the most insightful - and damning - assessment of The X Factor comes from underground rap artist Dan Le Sac.

"It simply doesn't matter," he says... "I know Joe McElderry won last year, but I couldn't tell you who won the year before. We get rid of it. It recycles itself within a year."

No comments: