Sunday 14 April 2013

Films

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
[#40 in 100 Films in a Year 2013]

The BBFC, IMDb (when referring to its original title), and the film's title card call it 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer; but Wikipedia and the film's posters call it the more sensible Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. So which is it? I'd go with the film's copyright, but there wasn't proper info for that at the end of the film. Grr.


Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Extended Version (2002/2005)
[#40a in 100 Films in a Year 2013]
[3rd watch]

Similar to Philosopher's Stone last week, it's been years and years since I've seen this; indeed, I'm not even convinced I've seen it since the cinema, over a decade ago. But I feel I must've, so, we'll go with third watch.

Already longer than its predecessor, here they've added 13½ minutes (just over double the 6½ on Philosopher's), pushing it to nearly three hours long. I'm not sure such length is all warranted, but hey-ho.

No comments: