Saturday 6 April 2013

TV

Doctor Who
33x08 The Rings of Akhaten

Well that was disappointing. The concept had some potential, and I quite liked the early stuff exploring the alien world, but it all went off-piste...

I like Doctor Who to feel like you're getting a novel in 45 minutes (or, of course, 90 when it's a two-parter); something that could conceivably fill a Target novelisation, if they still did those. Most of the time it manages that, or something approaching it. The Rings of Akhaten was resolutely a short story. And, even then, not a particularly good one, with all the singing saving the world kind of nonsense, and a damp squib of a villain, and a giant head for big monster...

Shame.

[Watch it (again) in HD on iPlayer.]


Game of Thrones
2x07 A Man Without Honor
2x08 The Prince of Winterfell

Both of these episodes are of such tip-top quality that either one would suffice (as per what I was saying the other day)… but next up is Blackwater, which I've been anticipating for ever so long now, and what a splendiferous idea to be able to watch that on Saturday night. (I appreciate this post is going out on Saturday night, but that's because I wind up watching these a little after midnight.)


How I Met Your Mother
8x10 The Over-Correction
[Watch it (again) on 4oD.]


The Voice UK
2x02 The Blind Auditions 2
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

No comments: