Friday 2 January 2009

Poem of the Day: Text me my darling

by John Lancaster

After a Christmassy break, this week sees the return of the grand tradition of Funny Friday here on Poem of the Day. Sadly, this is the last regular Funny Friday, as Poem of the Day is becoming Poem of the Week from now on. Every Friday, a new poem. There'll still be funny ones, just not every week.

Anyway, this piece is lifted from deviantART and, as with the very first Funny Friday, I think the rhyme and maintained rhythm are key to the humour, but so is the excellent spoofing of the subject.

My phone subscription will renew
But I can't contain my Love 4U
My facia's the height of fashion
My keypad rattles with great passion

I need a bit of SMS
If only to relieve the stress
I'll type a ;>) with sexy lashes
Hot Love tonight - In dots and dashes

Text me tonight - Oh, Text me harder!
Or I'll get bored and raid the larder
Text me my darling - Please B mine
O Text me where the sun don't shine!

It's more exciting at peak rates
Please Please B quick - my phone awaits!
Text me my precious - with skill and grace
(I'll orgasm in uppercase)

As mentioned, the original version of this is published at deviantART. Please comment there, and mark it as a favourite too, if you wish.

No comments: