Saturday 20 August 2011

TV

Dexter
5x04 Beauty and the Beast
And the plot proper finally gets underway. This seems to have provoked complaints in some circles, but personally I like the slightly different tack they've taken to storytelling. When your whole season is always one long story, it makes sense to change it up -- it makes it a "novel for television" and all that, and we expect such basic variation of format in novels in a series, so what's wrong with it on TV? Nothing. It's grand. So there.
(Incidentally, I'm a little surprised it's taken them until the fifth season to use that episode title.)

Law & Order: UK
5x06 Deal [season finale]
Ooh, cliffhanger! Considering Jamie Bamber has since been in a (failed, sadly) US pilot and has a US guest spot or two lined up, I wouldn't be surprised if the resolution to said cliffhanger is the obvious. Then again, maybe the plan was to shoot L&O in US filming gaps. I guess we'll find out whenever series six begins... which, according to this, is very soon in the US (where it'll just continue on as one long series). How annoying.
[Watch it (again) on ITV Player.]

My Favourite Joke
Episode 4 (of 6)
Lots of old stuff in this one. I don't mind -- I'm more likely to discover stuff I've not seen -- but it does make their inability to play the clips in full all the more frustrating.
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

No comments: