Thursday 26 June 2008

TV

Gilmore Girls
4x16 The Reigning Lorelai
Lorelai's grandmother dies and Richard and Emily fall to pieces, meaning Lorelai's left to organise the funeral. An episode ostensibly about death and funerals may not sound cheery, but it allows Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrmann to let loose and have great fun with Richard and Emily.

The Graham Norton Show
3x11 (26/6/08 edition)

Heroes
2x10 Truth & Consequences

Wimbledon 2008
Bits here and there again, including the Andy Roddick / Janko Tipsarevic tiebreak, and the tail end of Alla Kudryavtseva vs Maria Sharapova. Sharapova, so likable a few years back when she first won Wimbledon, came across as even more of a stroppy spoilt brat than Ivanovic did yesterday. Pleasingly, however, Sharapova was beaten, by the delightful and sweet Kudryavtseva. Hopefully, if she continues to do well, her personality won't go down the pan like the others I've mentioned. Also watched the start and end of Chris Eaton vs Dmitry Tursunov. Eaton is ranked 661st in the world, yet places like GMTV are already asking if he can beat Federer, the world #1. Idiots.

Incidentally, for anyone wondering where my Turn Left review has got to, I'll be rewatching the episode sometime soon and so have been waiting to post it after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudryavtseva, "delightful and sweet"? More like "mouthy and annoying".

I also saw the tail end of that match, and the tiebreak in the other.

However my favourite bit was when a massively depressed Andy Roddick was forced to sit there answering journalists' questions. I thought he was going to cry, or scream, or something. He looked almost suicidal lol. Which is funny, unless he actually does kill himself over a game of tennis, in which case it goes from funny to sad.

Also talking about Wimbledon, I'd like to state that I can't stand Andy Murray, and I hope he gets thrashed by that german in the next round.

badblokebob said...

Did you not see her being interviewed after the match though? "Bless", I thought. Whereas Sharapova was the most visibly stroppy person I've ever seen over the age of 2.

I saw the Roddick bit too. He was almost scarily depressed-looking.

Murray is also smuggly irritating. Cheering did occur here when he lost points. In his first game, that is; I didn't see the one yesterday, but apparently it was a bit of a walkover.