Tuesday 2 December 2008

Music

Day & Age by the Killers
[2nd listen]

Every time I get a new Killers album I'm not sure about it, then it slowly grows on me. So it was with their first, Hot Fuss, and their second, Sam's Town, and now with their third, Day & Age -- so, see, every time. (Sawdust doesn't count -- it's a collection of B-sides & rarities, not an album, and I'd heard most of its tracks over the years.)

Trying to predict ahead to my long-term thoughts (always tricky), I'm not sure there's anything on D&A that will I grow to love as much as Somebody Told Me, Jenny Was a Friend of Mine, When You Were Young, Bling (Confessions of a King), Tranquilize, or my unusual favourite-of-all, exitlude; or, indeed, several other tracks from those first two albums. The tracks with the best chance, I would say, are Losing Touch, Joy Ride (great chorus... until the last two words) and A Crippling Blow. But we'll see.

(All track names link to iTunes, so you can hear previews.)

No comments: