Thursday 16 April 2009

Magazines

SFX #182
So packed with interesting things that I actually read most of it! Shocking, I know. Amongst the goodness in this Star Trek-bedecked issue there's...

  • a good interview with Alan Moore, as the new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is out in the next week or two;
  • a retrospective on Babylon 5 (I wonder if Straczynski still hates SFX?);
  • a decent feature on Ashes to Ashes series two, complete with hints at series three and an exclusive, amusing comic;
  • a look back at the acclaimed 1981 BBC radio adaptation of Lord of the Rings, which I keep meaning to listen to;
  • a fairly large feature on sci-fi-related computer games, which includes The Secret of Monkey Island at a very respectable #6 in a Top 20 count-up, plus a look at worthwhile forthcomers;
  • a reviews section that means I now have a whole lot more stuff I want toread/watch/hear;
  • plus a very good news section. I'm not going to go summarising it here, but it took ages to get through so it must've been interesting.

  • Oh, and some big exclusive feature on that Star Trek thing, if you're interested.

    No comments: