Friday 19 June 2009

TV

The Sandbaggers
3x01 All in a Good Cause
It feels a long while since I last watched any Sandbaggers (it's been almost five months, in fact), but now's rather appropriate timing: it's 29 years to the month since these episodes originally aired. The plot of this episode is astoundingly complicated, even for The Sandbaggers, but in the modern climate of simplistic and over-explained drama it remains a refreshing change of pace. Even when not at its best, it's certainly one of my favourite TV series ever.

That Mitchell and Webb Look
3x01 Episode 1
3x02 Episode 2
As with any sketch show, the quality of Mitchell and Webb can be variable -- or, indeed, hit and miss. That said, their hit rate is well above average. Their self-referential sketches and TV spoofs are particularly good, including an Apprentice-related one that I sincerely hope many Apprentice fans saw.
Incidentally, I missed the second series of Mitchell and Webb because it clashed with something (I guess in pre-iPlayer-on-TV days) -- I still have it all downloaded somewhere. Ought to actually watch it really...
[Watch both episode one and episode two on iPlayer.]

No comments: