Friday 5 March 2010

Articles

Enchanting and mordant, but does it need an action climax? by Roger Ebert
(from rogerebert.com)
Ebert passes verdict on Tim Burton's new Alice in Wonderland. Though he focuses on the third act, this is my favourite part of his review:
Burton is above all a brilliant visual artist, and his film is a pleasure to regard; I look forward to admiring it in 2-D, where it will look brighter and more colorful. No artist who can create these images is enhancing them in any way by adding the annoying third dimension.

Mark Millar to helm Scottish superhero film by Simon Reynolds
(from Digital Spy)
The article, surprisingly, has more details. They make it sound as good as that headline, er, sounds.

Passing Judgment on the SciFi Cred of Inglourious Basterds by John Scalzi
(from Notes From the Monolith on Sci-Fi Scanner at AMC Blogs)
It's an interesting point of discussion -- considering what happens at the end, is Inglourious Basterds science-fiction? I tend to agree with Scalzi's assessment of the situation. (If it's not obvious, this contains sort-of-spoilers for IB.)

Rome feature film moving forward by Simon Reynolds
(from Digital Spy)
Hadn't heard anything about this for years so feared it had stalled, so it's good to know there's still activity -- I liked the series, even if I still haven't seen all of it. Interestingly, though, last I heard it was going to be about Jesus -- correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't go to Germany...

No comments: