Friday 5 March 2010

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week. Only a slight increase again this week -- in fact, it's numerically very similar to last week. Thrilling.

Number of titles in collection: 1,150 [up 2]
Of which DVDs: 1,079 [up 1]
Of which Blu-rays: 71 [up 1]

Number of discs in collection: 2,805 [up 4]
Number of films in collection: 1,215 [up 2]
Number of TV episodes in collection: 3,874 [no change]

Statistic of the week:

Number of titles watched:
406
(35.3% of the total)

This means titles where I've completely watched the main feature(s) on my copy -- so if I saw a film at the cinema but haven't yet watched the DVD, it doesn't count as watched. Special features don't count either; and if it's, say, a three-film set, I have to have watched all three for it to be counted (watching two means nothing).

Obviously, therefore, something like The X Files (with its 202 45-minute episodes) has more of an uphill struggle than, say, Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (just one 45-minute episode). Arguably this makes the above statistic meaningless, as a tally of how many individual films and TV eps I'd watched would be a more accurate representation of how much (or, rather, how little) of my DVD/BD collection I've actually seen.

Anyway, see you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: