Monday 10 January 2011

TV

Derren Brown: Behind the Mischief
A nice little look at Derren the person, to mark the 10th anniversary of his TV career. Perhaps disappointingly short on new insights into his tricks though.
[Watch it (again) on 4oD.]

Just Good Friends
2x01 Guilt

Little Crackers
Episode 6 Better Than Christmas
Episode 7 Goodbye Fluff
Jo Brand's episode (Goodbye Fluff) is one of the best so far -- it's actually funny. Christmas shorts by comedians don't have to be funny, I suppose, but as they're a) by comedians, and b) open with a "Sky Comedy" logo, you kinda expect laughs.

The Magicians
1x02 Episode 2
I did the play-along-at-home trick this week (having done last week's after the show -- even having seen the answer, it didn't work). This week it did work... but then the thing on the website is insanely easy for the production to rig -- and, having tried it a few times, I never got the wrong card -- so I'm afraid I don't buy it as a proper trick. Still, love the theme music.
[Watch it (again) in HD on iPlayer.]

Never Mind the Buzzcocks
24x12 Episode 12

The South Bank Show
37x09 Victoria Wood Revisited
Remember when, back in September, I said I was finally getting round to watching these South Bank Show Revisiteds? Yeeeaaah...

No comments: