Monday 31 October 2011

Films

X-Men (2000)
[5th or so watch]

This was the first film I ever saw twice in the cinema -- I've loved X-Men ever since the early '90s animated series captured my imagination, and this was everything I'd wanted from a long-hoped-for movie version. I don't think it'd be too wrong to credit its success with kicking off the huge popularity of superhero movies that we're still very much living through.

Over a decade on from its original release, I still think the first movie is brilliant, though First Class may've supplanted it as my favourite of the series now. I never loved X2 quite as much as everyone else, so I'm very interested to see what I think tomorrow -- it's been a good few years (five or six) since I watched any of the first trilogy, so re-evaluation is a real possibility.

No comments: