Friday 20 April 2012

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

This week's new arrivals include the Masters of Cinema Steelbook Blu-ray of Alfred Hitchcock's Lifeboat (out next Monday). I already have Lifeboat on DVD, but it's in a box set so I'll be keeping that. It also comes with two Hitchcock-directed wartime shorts in HD. I have them on DVD too, in a separate release, but as it includes a special feature that this BD does not I may hang on to it.

Also this week, my Young Indiana Jones collection is completed with Volume 3. It feels like I've been waiting ages for it, though I only mentioned it last week.

And finally, this week also sees the monthly running time update. This month seems to have been mostly minor tweaks, and even a week with no new acquisitions... but it also included three box sets of feature-length TV episodes. How much will it be up? Ooh, the tension! See after the regular weekly stats...

Number of titles in collection: 1,465 [up 4]
Of which DVDs: 1,152 [up 1]
Of which Blu-rays: 313 [up 3]

Number of discs in collection: 3,653 [up 16]
Number of films in collection: 1,551 [up 3]
Number of TV episodes in collection: 5,473 [up 9]

And so we come to that running time update, and it tells us that...

Total running time of collection (approx.):
261 days, 23 hours, and 5 minutes.
(Up 1 day, 12 hours, and 15 minutes from last month.)

Well, there you go.

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: