Sunday 8 July 2012

this week on 100 Films

One new reviews was posted to 100 Films in a Year this week...

Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (2010)
Naturally there are plenty of action sequences, several of them tacked on for the sake of it. Personally I wasn’t impressed. They’re all clearly shot on digital video, several are under-lit, there’s too much Hollywood-style choppy editing, it felt like some had bits missing, others are stop-start in a way that adds up to not very much… Many of them left me confused about what was meant to be going on, not in awe of the performer’s abilities or entertained. One of them features the hero fighting a gaggle of cheap CGI deer.
Read more on my new blog or my classic blog.

As its terrestrial TV premiere was last Friday night, I also added my review of the 2009 film version of State of Play to the new blog. You can find that here.

More next Sunday.

No comments: