Saturday 11 January 2014

Fiction

The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
7 The Adventure of Charles Augustus Milverton

This short story is said to be a key inspiration for tomorrow's final episode of Sherlock, for reasons beyond just the name of the villain. So I thought I'd read it.

You can read it, too, on Wikisource (and I'm sure other places, if you prefer).


His Last Bow: Some Reminiscences of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
8 His Last Bow: The War Service of Sherlock Holmes [the end]

This short story is also said to be a key inspiration for tomorrow's episode, for reasons beyond just the title. So I thought I'd read it too. It's harder to see what they'll have used from it, but that's half the fun.

And, of course, you can read a version of it on Wikisource (I happened to notice it's in American, as I'd wager Charles Augustus Milverton is as well).

No comments: