Saturday 30 May 2009

TV

Ashes to Ashes
2x06 Episode Six
Gene Hunt + nasty lone shark + car crusher = brilliant.
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

Robin Hood
3x08 The King is Dead, Long Live the King...
Another fantastic episode thanks to Toby Stephens' Prince John, who is beyond brilliant, and an epic confrontation in an abbey. The schoolboy squabbling of Robin's gang and a couple of niggling plot holes do hold the show back, but it's nothing like as weak as Primeval has been recently. That said, with Prince John leaving -- and half the cast also off at the end of this series -- things don't look that rosy.
(Yes, I'm a week behind.)
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've actually been looking forward to Robin Hood this last couple of weeks, largely thanks to Prince John. It actually irritated me that it missed a week for Eurovision; something that wouldn't have been the case the last two years.

No Prince John in this week's ep, and I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much.

I haven't heard anything about the next series (if there will be one), but I know that the Robin guy is leaving, and Sheriff has gone already... who else makes up the "half the cast"?

My feeling (based on this week, let me know your opinion when you've seen it) is that they look to be setting up Gisbourne as the new "Robin", but if anybody should be leaving for better work elsewhere, it's him.

Oh, and that annoying girl from Demons was in it. Just as annoying too.