Monday 1 June 2009

Monkey Island is back!

I never thought I'd see the day, but it's been reported today that LucasArts' Monkey Island series of games is to return. Hooray! I've grown up playing those games and adored every last one, so this has me over the moon. I literally jumped for joy.

Anyway, here are some of the announcements & that..

Monkey Island is BACK, baby! by Emily
(from the Telltale Blog)
So, the new game -- or games, depending on your perspective -- is being developed by Telltale, who make various other game-series like Sam & Max and Wallace & Gromit (maybe the should've rebranded it Guybrush & Elaine? No?) Here's their announcement, with plentiful details.

Stuff and Things and Monkey Island by Ron Gilbert
(from Grumpy Gamer)
The games' original creator on the latest news. A long but fascinating read.

You may have noticed that, in addition to the new game, they've remade the original. Not sold on the new graphic style, though I'll definitely be getting my hands on it. The official site -- with art, videos, that kinda thing is...

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition Official Site
aka www.MonkeyIslandSpecialEdition.com. Nice name. Includes a great behind-the-scenes video.

And to round things off, the full official site for the new game...

Tales of Monkey Island Official Site
Ooh, I can't wait!

No comments: