Sunday 8 September 2024

Audio Drama

Doctor Who: The Third Doctor Adventures
13x06 Revolution in Space Episode Six [finale]
+ the final behind-the-scenes featurette on CD3

I really didn't intend to wait a whole month between the penultimate and final episodes of this serial (indeed, if I'd had complete freedom, I'd've listened to it the next day), but sometimes life just gets in the way.

It's certainly no reflection on the quality of the story, which was very good. Originally I ignored Big Finish's releases with recast Doctors (surely half the point of what BF do is to bring back the original actors?), but I heard Tim Treloar's Third Doctor in one of their anniversary anthology stories and was impressed. Nonetheless, I only bought this particular story because it was offered in a bundle with October's Third Doctor release, The Quintessence (billed as a gothic story featuring the Cybermen, it could scarcely be more up my street), and the bundles are always better value than a single release, and this sounded good enough to be worth a punt. I'm glad I did.

No comments: