Sunday 9 January 2022

this week on 100Films.co.uk

A new era began this week on 100 Films. For starters, it's been rebranded as 100Films.co.uk. Learn more below...


A new era begins...
Welcome to my new-look blog! Don’t worry, you’re going to find a lot of it familiar — I haven’t changed the underlying template, and all the old posts are still there... Primarily, it’s a new name and a new logo, which is showcased on the front page in dozens of randomly-changing header images... More substantively, along with the revised aesthetics comes an adjusted focus.
Read more here.


The All-New 100 Films in a Year Challenge
Just like its title, this new version is similar but different. My original challenge was wholly straightforward: watch 100 films I’d never seen before every year... But this brand-new version of the challenge… well, it’s going to require some explaining... You see, rather than just watching any old 100 films, now there are a selection of categories, and films will need to fulfil criteria to qualify. Whereas the old challenge merely motivated me to watch more films, this new version is designed to encourage me to watch certain kinds of films.
Read more here.


But the old era still requires some wrapping up — my "review of 2021" posts started last week, and continued this week with...


2021 Statistics
one of my personal highlights of the entire year: the statistics. Regular readers will know what this is all about, but if you’re new to these parts and enjoy things like percentages and graphs… oh boy, you’re in for a treat!
Read more here.


The Worst of 2021
‘Worst of’ lists have become widely unpopular in the film-viewing community in recent years... but film watching inevitably involves taking the rough with the smooth... Also, I’ve done this list for 14 of 100 Films in a Year’s 15 years, so now would be an odd time to stop
Read more here.


The Best of 2021
Finally, for the last time (not really the last time): what I consider to be the best (or, more accurately, my favourite) films I saw for the first time in 2021 (that bit’s correct)... it’s 10% of whatever my final total is. This year that total was 207, so it rounds to 21. (If you think that’s too many for a list like this, feel free to scroll down and start wherever you like.)
Read more here.


More next Sunday.

No comments: