Sunday 26 March 2023

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

Eight new additions this week, but a mix of upgrades keeps the final tally lower. The big one was Doctor Who season 9, which (for the time being) removes two DVDs (it'll be more once some special features turn up on future releases). I also upgraded John Wick 1 and 2 to 4K, so that's two BDs replaced by a 4K set. And I upgraded Red Eye right from DVD (which I only bought, cheap, a decade ago, because a Blu-ray wasn't forthcoming and I wanted to rewatch it. That disc has never entered a player) to its new 4K release (I will rewatch it this time! I will!)

Anyway, that means that, despite this veritable pile of new stuff sat next to me ony my desk, the net change to titles is only +3.

Number of titles in collection: 3,045 [up 3]
Of which DVDs: 1,032 [down 3]
Of which Blu-rays: 2,013 [up 6]
— of which Ultra HD Blu-rays: 242 [up 3]

Number of discs in collection: 7,514 [up 11]
Number of films: 3,730 [up 4]
Number of additional cuts: 307 [no change]
Number of TV episodes: 9,575 [up 16]
Number of short films: 1,044 [up 1]

All of which has happened just in time for the monthly running time update...

Total running time of collection (approx.):
535 days, 8 hours, and 49 minutes.
(Up 2 days, 12 hours, and 37 minutes from last month.)

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: