Sunday 4 June 2023

Films

Killer of Sheep (1978)
[#41 in The All-New 100 Films in a Year Challenge 2023]
Blindspot 2023 #4

Moneyball (2011)
[2nd watch]
[#40 in The All-New 100 Films in a Year Challenge 2023]
I’ve been intending to rewatch Moneyball for a while, because I didn’t much care for it the first time (read my original review for all the reasons why) but a lot of people seem to like it, so I thought it deserved a second chance. When it came up among “other movies you might like” after I watched Air, the time seemed right. And… well, I enjoyed it a little more this time, but I feel like most of my original criticisms (that it’s too much about sport and not enough about statistics; and that it doesn’t explain the sport at all for those of us who don’t know anything about baseball beyond that it’s a glorified version of rounders) still stand.

No comments: