Saturday 2 March 2024

Games

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars

The original Broken Sword is a game I've wanted to play for decades (I don't know when I first heard of it, but it came out in 1996), but haven't ever got round to it for various reasons. I even bought the Director's Cut version years ago, but still didn't start it. That version doesn't run on Macs anymore (giving you some idea of how long ago I must've purchased it!), so instead I'm finally playing the original version. Today, I played... the first couple of minutes, after spending hours trying to get the darned thing to work (the amount of time I wasted on the Director's Cut before learning it simply doesn't run anymore...)

So, why am I finally playing it at all now? Because there's a Kickstarter for a fully remastered version currently running, and I thought I actually ought to play the darn thing and see if I like it before I go throwing money into that. Of course, I'll have to get further into the game than the opening cut scene and first location before I make any decisions.

No comments: