Sunday 26 February 2012

this week on 100 Films

2 new reviews were posted to 100 Films in a Year this week, and they were...

Ip Man (2008)
I’ve decided to try something a little different. I’ve read several different reviews of the film, found by various means, and have compiled a selection of quotes from them below... the "fight choreography is clever and exciting, with sequences that have Ip felling a sword-wielding rival with a feather-duster, or holding off two men with a 10-foot pole."
Read more on my new blog or my classic blog.

Winnie the Pooh (2011)
The American Academy have overlooked Winnie the Pooh in their nominations this weekend, I imagine writing it off as “just for little kids”. And that’s a shame, because I don’t think it is. I certainly loved it more than Rango and it’s definitely better than Kung Fu Panda 2, to pick on the two nominees I’ve seen. I struggle to believe I’ll find Puss in Boots more endearing.
Read more on my new blog or my classic blog.

Next week sees the fifth birthday of 100 Films, so expect a series of posts marking that august occasion. And probably no actual reviews.

No comments: