Friday 28 February 2014

Comics

She-Hulk #1 by Charles Soule & Javier Pulido

Not a title I'd pay any attention to normally, but I happened to read such good reviews that it seemed worth a go. Paid off too, because I thought it was good fun.

The titular Hulk-relative is a lawyer by day, and this series (or at least this issue, but by extension I presume the series) is concerned with that rather than the usual superhero activities of "punching things". Writer Soule (a practising attorney himself) keeps things fun but also detailed, and moving too -- even though it's only 20 pages, there's a decent chunk of story here; indeed, a whole tale. Why can't more comics manage that?! Pulido's art isn't popular with everyone, but I liked his clean, chunky, retro style for this title, especially when ably supported by Muntsa Vincente's colours.

This could well be a keeper.

No comments: