Saturday 6 September 2008

Articles

Exclusive James Bond Footage Scheduled For ITV1 Movie Awards by Devin Zydel
(from CommanderBond.net)
Normally I couldn't care less about ITV's pleb-voted National Movie Awards, but this is reason enough to watch. From the press release: "On Tuesday 9th September, ITV1's National Movie Awards will unveil a global exclusive with the first broadcast of preview footage from James Bond's 22nd adventure Quantum of Solace... Playing at over two minutes in length, the preview is action packed with the latest offerings from Daniel Craig's iconic Bond, and gives fans the unique opportunity to see Camille (Olga Kurylenko) -- Bond's unlikely ally -- and sinister Dominic Greene (Mathieu Amalric) in action. This dramatic and explosive footage is sure to delight fans and viewers with a taster of what is to come". It's obviously unclear if this is just a selection of clips or the full trailer, which sources suggested would be released around September 9th. Either way, it'll be a good'un.

Review of Spooks: Code 9 DVD by Michael Mackenzie
(from DVD Times)
I would add "Series One" to that title, but I rather suspect "The Complete Series" would be more apt. Yep, it's another scathing review. I was going to try to download this show (as I missed it on TV), but I don't think I'll bother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you really should try to see it. If only so I have someone to berate it with.

The main trouble is I can't watch an episode of Spooks Juniors without thinking "It'd be better if Harry turned up now, and kicked all their arses".

Sadly Harry is probably dead, as the premise of the series is that a nuclear bomb has gone off in London. A Magical nuclear bomb, that killed everybody over the age of 27, but no-one else. Seriously, EVERYONE in this show is 20-30 years younger than their real-life (or main series) equivalent. From the spies to the terrorist, the normal coppers, the random civilians... everyone!

badblokebob said...

That's cos it's for Young People, see, and anyone over the age of 30 is, like, totally almost dead, innit.

I look forward to Spooks still being going in 2012 and none of this happening. I will laugh.

Anonymous said...

I'm reliably informed that the finale reveals that the ghost of Techie Colin was responible for the bomb blast. At least, that's what my carpet told me.

But seriously, please bother watching it. It is only 6 episodes after all.