Sunday 18 April 2010

TV

Have I Got News For You
39x03 (15/4/10 edition; extended repeat)
I had a specific comment to make about this episode, but it's completely gone now. Just watch it, laugh lots, and I'm sure you'll've seen whatever it was I had to say.
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

Russell Howard's Good News
2x04 (15/4/10 edition)
Despite setting a recording for the extended repeat, it seems BBC Three did Something Funny and I wound up with the last 20 minutes of Herbie-whatever-with-Lindsay-Lohan and a half-an-hour-early edition of Family Guy. There's no explanation for this that I can find.
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

Wallander [Swedish]
2x01 Hämnden (aka The Revenge)
The Swedish Wallander series returns for its second and reportedly final series. This episode was originally released in cinemas, so counts as #40 on 100 Films in a Year 2010. Click here to read my review.

You Have Been Watching
2x01 (15/4/10 edition)
Hurrah for another excellent programme returning.
This edition featured clips from Spartacus: Blood and Sand, a series I'd been a little looking forward to because it looked like it might be Rome Mark 2. Sadly, this appears to not be the case. Where Rome was high-budget and underpinned its sex and violence with an awful lot of character and intelligence, Spartacus: BS (the most apt title abbreviation) has CGI in every scene that's so bad it makes everything look like a 15-year-old computer game. The quality of the script and acting suggest they've been dragged from the same.
[Watch it (again) on 4oD.]

No comments: