Monday 17 October 2011

Comics

Action Comics #2 by Grant Morrison, Rags Morales & Brent Anderson

I never imagined I'd find myself reading a Superman book -- I tend to find him a bit too goody-goody and American with a capital A -- but the first issue of Action Comics was so praised I decided to give it a go, and it was so good here I am. And this is great too. By taking Superman back to his early days Morrison has mixed things up, making him a more interesting character, and telling more exciting stories featuring him. Morales' artwork compliments it all perfectly. Much to my surprise, I'm really enjoying this one.

Plus, this issue, a behind-the-scenes look at Morrison & Morales' method on these first two issues (almost worth the price of admission on its own) and a preview of forthcoming original graphic novel Batman: Noel, which gives you no idea about the story but looks absolutely beautiful.

No comments: