Tuesday 22 November 2011

A daily dose of sci-fi - Day 9

No.1 sci-fi hottie

This is not the kind of thing I would usually blog about, obviously, but it's on the list, so, I guess, here we are.

The problem is compounded by the fact that one person's "hottie" is another's "ew, really?!" (and vice versa, of course), and no one wants the latter reaction.


I said I'd need to avoid picking too much Doctor Who, but clearly I need to be wary of Hitchhiker's too.

Though, while I've mentioned it a few times, this is only the third I've actually chosen it. So there.

And in fairness, I haven't really picked Trillian, I've picked Zooey Deschanel, who's only contribution to sci-fi is that one. (And The Happening, but who wants to mention that?) So it does feel like kind of a cop-out, what with her not being that well known for her sci-fi-y role, whereas you kinda think this ought to be going to someone who is at least largely, if not wholly, known for their contribution to sci-fi.

But c'mon, it's only the "hottie" "award" -- the "contribution" being assessed here isn't intellectual, is it?

So hush, it's done now, let's all just move on.


Read about a daily dose of sci-fi, with links to the rest of the series, here.

No comments: