Sunday 10 June 2012

this week on 100 Films

Two new reviews were posted to 100 Films in a Year this week, and they were...

The A-Team: Explosive Extended Edition (2010)
If you’ve seen the trailer you know there’s a bit where they fall out of a plane in a tank. Then they battle with fighter jets from this free-falling tank... As I see it, your reaction to that tank bit in the trailer will dictate your reaction to the whole film: if you thought it looked bloody stupid, extrapolate; if you thought it looked frickin’ cool, extrapolate; if you thought, like me, that it looked enjoyably far-fetched, extrapolate.
Read more on my new blog or my classic blog.

The Book of Eli (2010)
Eli starts off with the potential for an arty 5; slips slightly to a solid 4 when the standard post-apocalyptic trope of a gang fighting for local power comes in to play; unsteadies that 4 with an increasingly atonal second half; and quite frankly borders a 1 with its sickening ending.
Read more on my new blog or my classic blog.

More next Sunday.

No comments: