Saturday 16 March 2013

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

You may remember (but probably won't) that back in September I decided to have a rethink about what I count as a film for the purposes of this tally, dropping the total by 79 as I (at least temporarily) removed concert films and the like. Well, after six months or not really coming to any other conclusion, I've begun to reinstate at least some of them -- hence the huge jump below. I'm still not entirely happy with it, but I don't fancy a fourth count (alongside films, TV episodes and shorts), so other than not counting them at all (which, when some run well over two hours, doesn't seem right), they go back. Most return to the Films column, but a couple go in Shorts or TV episodes depending on their length or content. The total added back was 50. I know I allowed one or two things to slide by with nothing counted, but where all 29 others have gone, God only knows...

Anyway, stuff I actually added this week includes the already-hard-to-come-by limited edition of The Man Who Wasn't There, '90s TV 'hoax' Ghostwatch, and the newly-released fan-produced documentary, Ghostwatch: Behind the Curtains. All DVDs! What is the world coming to...

Number of titles in collection: 1,544 [up 3]
Of which DVDs: 1,157 [up 3]
Of which Blu-rays: 387 [no change]

Number of discs in collection: 3,870 [up 3]
Number of films in collection: 1,663 [up 45]
Number of TV episodes in collection: 5,737 [up 5]
Number of short films in collection: 377 [up 3]

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: