Saturday 13 April 2013

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

Number of titles in collection: 1,550 [up 1]
Of which DVDs: 1,160 [no change]
Of which Blu-rays: 390 [up 1]

Number of discs in collection: 3,881 [up 4]
Number of films in collection: 1,666 [no change]
Number of TV episodes in collection: 5,754 [up 8]
Number of short films in collection: 377 [no change]

Despite what the numbers would seem to tell you, I didn't get an eight-part TV series on a four-disc Blu-ray set this week. No, I upgraded my Schindler's List DVD to Blu-ray (same number of films, same number of discs), and bought The Kingdom I&II on DVD (new title, four discs, eight episodes). So, DVDs actually go down one and then up one again, while Blu-rays just go up one.

Fascinating, right?

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: