Sunday 7 April 2013

Films

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Extended Version (2001/2004)
[#38a in 100 Films in a Year 2013]
[3rd watch]

Beginning a re-watch of the Harry Potter series, which will hopefully continue weekly for the next couple of months.

This will be the first time I've seen most of the films for years -- this blog kicked off in the middle of 2008, and since then I've only watched the last four; and 100 Films started at the beginning of 2007, and I've only watched the final four since then too.

By my reckoning, it's at least 8 years since I last watched Philosopher's Stone. The view count therefore is a guess; but I can say with certainty that it's the first time I've seen the extended version. It's around 7 minutes longer, but, even though much of the film was incredibly familiar, after so many years I have no idea where those new minutes were.

No comments: