Saturday 8 December 2018

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

This post is a bit later than usual (not that there's anyone who'll notice) because a whole bunch of stuff only arrived this morning that required some working out to add to (and subtract from) the tallies below.

For starters, there's a 4K UHD Blu-ray box set which upgrades several Blu-rays... except I'm also keeping the original releases because they all have bonus discs. That's a whole bunch of discs I don't need and cases taking up space. Ugh. But I do love special features.

There's also a Blu-ray box set which upgrades a bunch of DVDs... except I'm keeping most of the DVDs too, for now, because the box set doesn't duplicate all of their special features. Ugh. But I do love special features.

As well as that, there's quite simply a pile of brand-new Blu-rays. It's been like Christmas here! Heck, I'll probably get fewer things than this for Christmas itself...

Number of titles in collection: 2,175 [up 8]
Of which DVDs: 1,146 [down 2]
Of which Blu-rays: 1,029 [up 10]
— of which Ultra HD Blu-rays: 9 [up 1]

Number of discs in collection: 5,586 [up 26]
Number of films: 2,441 [up 14]
Number of TV episodes: 8,312 [up 18]
Number of short films: 649 [up 8]

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: