Sunday 2 August 2020

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

There were 13 new additions this week, a pile of them arriving last-minute, hence this delayed update -- especially as many weren't just simple additions.

For example, I bought two Hitchcock films on Blu-ray that I already own on DVD as part of a box set. That set is of six films, five of which I now own on Blu-ray. The sixth film isn't available on Blu, so I can't just upgrade the whole set. Normally I'd either have to lose that sixth film or keep the entire box set. But, fortunately, the films are in individual cases and, uncommonly, have individual barcodes, so I can split up the set and sell five of the six. So, in this case, the Blu-ray count goes up, the DVD count stays the same, but the film count goes down, and so does the disc count.

Anyway, with all the various other changes also accounted for, here are the new numbers...

Number of titles in collection: 2,418 [up 9]
Of which DVDs: 1,088 [down 1]
Of which Blu-rays: 1,330 [up 10]
— of which Ultra HD Blu-rays: 68 [up 4]

Number of discs in collection: 6,226 [up 10]
Number of films: 2,712 [up 4]
Number of additional cuts: 176 [no change]
Number of TV episodes: 8,935 [no change]
Number of short films: 758 [up 2]

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: