Saturday 7 November 2020

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

Once again, a mass of stuff only turned up on Saturday morning; and once again, I was busy with other stuff all day (what could possibly be more important than updating my DVD/Blu-ray count?!)

There are 9 additions, all told (one BD-to-4K upgrade is 'hidden' in the count); 6 of those turned up today. Among them were 16 films and a further 5 additional cuts. That's due to there being three chunky box sets: two Hammer collections from Indicator (thanks to a sale), and the long-awaited 4K set of George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead (one film, tonnes of discs, and several alternate cuts). Tis a beauty. I suppose it ougth to replace my old copy, Arrow's Blu-ray from years ago; but as there are no 1080p film discs in the new set, I also kinda feel like hanging onto it. I'll probably do that "for now" and then just forget about it...

Number of titles in collection: 2,464 [up 8]
Of which DVDs: 1,086 [no change]
Of which Blu-rays: 1,378 [up 8]
— of which Ultra HD Blu-rays: 83 [up 3]

Number of discs in collection: 6,359 [up 21]
Number of films: 2,826 [up 16]
Number of additional cuts: 193 [up 5]
Number of TV episodes: 8,976 [up 1]
Number of short films: 771 [no change]

Incidentally, ever since the days of DVD, when an HD format was but a twinkle in someone's imagination, I've not counted CD discs in this tally (because it was a list of my DVDs, not CDs, duh!) That comes to mind because the Dawn of the Dead set includes a trio of soundtrack CDs, which would almost double its contribution to the discs count. I don't even know how many other bonus CDs I have buried away in my film collection. Maybe I should add another stat for it...

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: