Sunday 16 January 2022

this week on 100Films.co.uk

With my review of 2021 all wrapped up last week, I could properly begin the future of 100Films.co.uk this week. And it started with a pair of lists detailing 24 films I must watch in 2022...


Blindspot 2022
For those still unfamiliar with it, Blindspot’s premise is simple: choose 12 films you should have seen but haven’t, then watch one a month throughout the year. (Those 12 also contribute to my All-New 100 Films in a Year Challenge.) Below, I’ve listed my selection for this year, and afterwards I’ll talk a bit about how I chose them.
Read more here.


What Do You Mean You Haven’t Seen These Films from 1986?
After a couple of years ‘off’, “What Do You Mean You Haven’t Seen…?” is back... with a slightly refined focus. Whereas before it featured great or significant movies I should’ve seen from across film history, now I’m giving it a specific theme each year. For the inaugural year of its new version, I’ve picked my birth year: the 12 films from 1986 that I’m most surprised I haven’t seen.
Read more here.


As well as that, I actually posted a new review!


I Care a Lot (2020)
it’s hard to discuss what’s so fundamentally wrong with I Care a Lot without digging into what occurs past some of its twists — it starts as one thing (which works), quickly becomes something else (which also works), but after about the halfway mark, it ends up diving off the deep end into a mess of implausibility.
Read more here.


More next Sunday.

No comments: