Saturday 14 May 2022

Collection Count

Collection Count tracks my DVD/Blu-ray collection via a number of statistics every week.

I had one of my "carried away" weeks this week, with 9 new additions here and a bunch more in the post for next week. Of this week's lot, four are new releases (out next Monday); two were titles I happened to see recommended; one I thought was a recent release (it actually came out last September), but I'd been waiting for a sale price and now I got it; and the other two were just a bit random... and they're also DVDs.

That's right, I bought DVDs! And not one, but two! It does still happen, once in a blue moon; and only for titles not available on Blu-ray, and not likely to be available on Blu-ray, of course. (It'd be just my luck for someone to announce BD releases of them next month now. But they cost less than £4 each, so it'd be no true hardship.)

Number of titles in collection: 2,831 [up 9]
Of which DVDs: 1,057 [up 2]
Of which Blu-rays: 1,774 [up 7]
— of which Ultra HD Blu-rays: 169 [no change]

Number of discs in collection: 7,050 [up 10]
Number of films: 3,376 [up 9]
Number of additional cuts: 260 [up 2]
Number of TV episodes: 9,268 [no change]
Number of short films: 958 [up 2]

See you next week, faithful reader.

No comments: