Monday 25 September 2023

TV

Doctor Who
5x29 Fury from the Deep Episode 1
5x30 Fury from the Deep Episode 2

My 60th anniversary celebrations move on to the Second Doctor now (see further down today for the conclusion of the First Doctor). For this one, I've chosen an animated reconstruction of a missing TV serial. There are some complete Second Doctor serials I've not seen, but (as I said at the start) I'm trying to vary the media featured, and the Second Doctor is the only one with whole animated serials that I've not yet seen. I had intended to only watch one episode a day (my usual MO for watching Classic Who nowadays), but I'm getting a bit concerned about finishing everything before the anniversary rolls around, so I'm speeding this one up a bit.

As with Galaxy 4 earlier this month, the animation has its own listing as a miniseries on IMDb and on Letterboxd, as well as the ones for the original serial, which again leaves me with a logging/rating conundrum — the kind of thing that probably only bothers me. Of course, last time I made a judgement on this was only a couple of weeks ago, so I'm just following the precedent I set then.

No comments: