Thursday 18 January 2024

Non-Fiction

A City on Mars by Kelly & Zach Weinersmith
Introduction

Subtitled Can We Settle Space, Should We Settle Space, and Have We Really Thought This Through?, this popular science book reportedly offers a thoroughly-researched alternative to the well-popularised view of certain tech bros that we're merrily off to colonise space in the next decade or two.

And yes, that's right: me, who barely manages to read anything most of the time (certainly a lot less than I'd like) is attempting a science book! Well, I heard good things, and the subject matter is up my street. Plus it's "popular science", so I figure it should be accessible and not, like, a textbook. Makes a change from fiction, too; in that, although I don't read as much fiction as I'd like, it is almost all I read when I do read. So there.

No comments: