Monday 23 September 2024

Videos

Critical Role
Critical Role Creates Characters in Daggerheart aka Daggerheart Open Beta: Session Zero
Critical Role Plays Daggerheart aka Daggerheart Open Beta: Live One-Shot [2nd half]

Session Zero not being on their Twitch channel meant I missed it before diving into the one-shot proper, but I'm glad I went back to it. You might think two hours of watching seven people fill out gaming paperwork sounds boring, but this is anything but: it's a nice insight into the system and how it works, and these guys are just fun to hang out with.

As for the one-shot itself, I wasn't sure about the Menagerie as a team at first (it all seemed a bit too whimsical for my personal taste), but once I settled into it, it was a lot of fun. The team seemed really energised by the new system and new story, too. I'm glad there are at least two more of these (though I'll have to think about when to fit them in around my regular Campaign 2 viewing, because I don't want to slip on that — I'm still so far behind...)

[Watch Session Zero on YouTube or Beacon, and the Live One-Shot on YouTube, Twitch, or Beacon.]


Talking of not dropping behind on Campaign 2...

Talks Machina
#107 'Wood and Steel'
[Watch it (again) on Internet Archive.]

No comments: