Tuesday 2 August 2011

TV

The Hour
1x02 Episode 2
This is apparently getting quite slagged off in the press, but I'm liking it. It's not perfect, but it has enough going for it to hold my attention.
[Watch it (again) in HD on iPlayer.]

My Favourite Joke
Episode 2 (of 6)
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

Pointless
4x38 (27/7/11 edition)
Best. Round. Ever. (And make sure you keep watching 'til the end, it's worth it.)
[Watch it (again) on iPlayer.]

The Tudors
4x10 Death of a Monarchy [series finale]
And that's that, then. A decent finale, especially the last five or ten minutes; the vision with the horse and the skull-headed rider was particularly beautiful, I thought. The last few screens of text to let viewers know what happened was welcome, even if I imagine most British viewers were very aware of the fates of Henry's children; I'd be more interested to know what became of supporting characters like Wifey #6 or Edward Seymour. But I guess that's what Wikipedia is for.
The Tudors on the whole has been of variable quality -- just for one example, take how the first half of this season was a tad slow while the second seemed to rush through events -- but I will miss it a little bit. At least there's a raft of pretenders to the throne to perhaps fill the gap... even if one of them is already cancelled.

No comments: